Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Dark Reign at NorWesCon

Go down 
+2
Harrison_Franklin
Caleb
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Dark Reign at NorWesCon Empty
PostSubject: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 1:12 am

Alright folks...it's official on all fronts.

The ST staff has given me the thumbs up to announce and cordinate the event we will be doing at this up coming norwescon.

Two things. One...this is far off down the road, this will be on the back burner to the much more closer 12th night ball.

And two...I am lookin for volunteers to help create and run the scenario at this up and coming norwescon.

The ST staff will indeed be helping us run the event, but they by no means can create an event of this size AND run our demanding game without one of the two suffering.

If anyone would like to volunteer their time and effort to help create the storylines that we will be running at the norwescon event, and/or help run them the day of our event please PM on these boards or post here.

More details will follow as soon as I am able to hammer them down into writing.
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Franklin

Harrison_Franklin

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 2:25 am

I would request that the plot not be designed in such a way that specific characters or city positions must be present. I know I might be able to make a day or two, but I also might be working in the dealer's room.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.heroesofaudioland.com
Caleb

Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 12:46 pm

We are not going to be using any actual PC's in this event.

I know that sounds funky....but the goal of this entire event is to recrut more players. We want our current players to be in NPC roles that will help facilitate the story for those who are first time comers to our LARP.

If the event we set up as players goes well at norwescon the ST's will decide whether or not to incorperate it into our over arching world storyline.

As of right now it is going to be a one shot city chronicle based in Detroit.
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:09 pm

I have reserved 4 rooms and would be willing to donate some space. Also if anyone wants room we are staying from the 19th to the 21st.

Darrin
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 3:35 pm

Just to clarify a few things before the confusion gets out of control. Wink

The general idea of the one-shot Norwescon Dark Reign Game is that it will be a short demo game for new players in the Puget Sound.

Players and STs are encouraged to volunteer to help operate the demo game, but it is not required. We’re looking to see how many people we can get to help us for the one night.

The game will be set in Detroit. Players will have a chance to see what we’re about and maybe join up with us without making a commitment. To start, this game won’t be inside of our current continuity. We may add the story facts if it turns out well.

New players will have to make new characters before coming into Dark Reign so they have to face the dice of the paperwork table. However, new players and DR players that volunteer will gain the standard 4 XP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm

I would love to help. See me email and anythign else I can do.

Darrin
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:16 am

MacCloud wrote:
I would love to help. See me email and anythign else I can do.

Darrin

Shaun can give more details on the room we have, but from what he told me is was one of the main halls for 4 hours or so.

The best way people can help is to volunteer their time to help build storylines, sit at a recruiting table for people to sign up and help them make characters prior to the event room opening up to our use.

Once we get the 12th night ball taken care of and over with I would like all who wish to be involved to be able to meet at least 3 times prior to norwescon.

Once to give direction and brainstorm storyline ideas for the event.
Second time to come back to the table and basicly cordinate with each other.
And the third and final time to go over all the storylines one last time with their final plot kits.

Untill then the best thing we can do is brainstorm cool, and preferablely cheap, give away items (t shirts?) with our logo on it. Story lines (of course), and find ways we can all raise money to help put toward this endevor and the 12th night ball.
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Franklin

Harrison_Franklin

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:40 am

If there is only 4 hours wouldn't pre generated characters be a good idea? Between now and then a couple hundred could be easily made including character sheets and backgrounds. Getting bogged down at a table for an hour making a character is not going to encourage people to play.

Better to give them a character sheet, background, and perhaps some basic motivation ideas and let them spend their time learning the mod dot system instead. Having pre gen characters ahead of time also frees up our people at the game for the type of stuff that will attract people.

Perhaps if the player wants to continue playing the NPC they can be given some bonus XP to spend to customize it a little once they join the main game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heroesofaudioland.com
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:11 pm

Sean chiming in.

As the Gaming Track Coordinator for NWC (I report to a cat named Chris Bruscas), to guarentee the room NWC needs to see the following

Room size
When (Day and time)
Length of time we're going to need the room (Read as, do we want to close it out for the evening?)

What NWC can expect the event to be about? (They don't care about the plot or what not, what is the room going to be used for and what can the average Congoer expect when thy walk in the room. Will there be decorations or what not, yadda yadda yadda...)

How many event/day passes are they going to need to sign out?

What is DRC willing to donate/give to the convention in exchange for use of the room? The more we give in Volunteer hours for the convention, the more NWC is willi9ng to give us. It has ben proven that in this situatiion, it is *ALWAYS* better to over pay as it will help rebuuild trust between NWC and LARP groups.

I'm willing to kick in $$$ for decorations and get a pro DJ, and help with st up / tear down.

In short, we need a clear and concise proposal written for NWC that I can take to them and vouch for.

Something like

Dear Mr. Prather

We would like to request a large room for a Demo Game for DRC at NorWesCon. We would like one of the larger rooms upstairs in the convntion area between 9:00 pm until late in the evening. THe first part of the evening will be a demonstration game and recruitment drive, and the second part of the evening a social for our current members and those who choose to stay after, but the entire event will be open to all Con Goers at all times.

What we are willing to offer the convention in return for their hospitality and assistance is 20 to 30 on call hours of Volunteer time from our membrship (save for the hours of our event) and any other way we can b of assistance with the running of the convntion.

We are looking forward to a long term positive relationship with NorWesCon, and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerly

Malcom X

The sooner I have that letter, the sooner I can guarentee us a space. I have some pull with the programming dept, but not enough to say that "This is a go" without something in hand from DRC.

~Sean
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:21 pm

Let's see if we can get 20 to 30 hours of volunteer time.

Alright let's start at volunteer hours.

I can put up 4 hours that weekend of my time for volunteering. I won't commit to more right now, but I will be there to cover the hours others pledge but cannot fulfill for valid reasons.

Also what time would we like to have game at this con?
Are there any other big events that occur (like the dance) saturday night that could draw people away from our game?
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:38 pm

BTW, we want the Evergreen rooms as they are slightly larger than the Cascade, that way we don't get our large group shoe horned into a smaller pannel room.

~Sean
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:39 pm

I can pledge 4 hours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Former AST Jacob
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 5:06 pm

I was talking to Jim and Rory and they wanted to make sure their game (a Serenity LARP) wasn't scheduled at the same time as ours. The are currently looking to run on the Friday night.

Jacob
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 11:45 pm

Well what other events run on saturday evening?
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 3:54 pm

Caleb wrote:
Well what other events run on saturday evening?

Currently nothing is up except for the dance, which is why i need a letter or a proposal.

Nudge Nudge

for the most part, it's on a first come, first serve basis.

in other words

TIME IS NOT OUR FRIEND RIGHT NOW!!! I NEED A PROPOSAL LETTER ASAP!!!

I don't think i can make it any more clear than that.

~Sean
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 12:08 am

Working on this very closely right now.

Any people thinking about volunteering for this on the next easter weekend, please let us know now. We need to send in a proposal of how we can improve the convention through drawing a crowd, AND donating our time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Reign at NorWesCon   Dark Reign at NorWesCon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Reign at NorWesCon
Page 1 of 1