Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that

Go down 
+5
Spider
McBastard
Sarah
Harrison_Franklin
Caleb
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Empty
PostSubject: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 10:59 am

Here in about 2 to 3 months we SHOULD be having the 12th night ball.

This should be our first BIG event. I know we are looking at inviting in people from portland, spokane, and vancouver to come check out how we do things.

All that aside...we want to make this fun and something that we are proud of.

I have already asked Rob if he would help out with the food. We are looking at planning on doing appetizerish food for 200-250 people.

The basic outline of the menu thus far:

Meat on Skewer with sauce (chicken satay with a sauce...probably peanut)
Sandwhiches made ala Rob style (these are ussually customed to those who have food allergies)
Tray of cheese and crackers
Punch (it's not a ball without punch...)

All above should cost us...between 150 to 250 dollars...depending on how much Bill can sneak/beg/borrow/pilfer from work.

and of course whatever others wish to cordinate with us to help make or bring. We will be asking for the traditional bring what you would like to drink and some chips.

As to the location...once we have our NPO this gets way easier on us in price range...everyone bug Jason untill he gets this done.

I am looking at renting us the bath house in rainer beach. It has ample parking and can fit 150 to 200 people. The price would be between 30 and 200 dollars depending on when we book and if we have our npo...( again...EVERYONE BUG JASON!)

The above location is about 10 minutes away from game, depending on traffic. Is right on the water and has it's own parking lot. It is a very central location for a great price...if we have an NPO...(Jason)

So right now our budget price range is at.

150-250 food
30-200 location (everyone bug jason to get the NPO)

putting us at between 180-450 outlined budget for our first event.

I believe this is completely an attainable goal. I would like to start working out now ways we can either fund raise this, donations, or cut corners on costs...(like...getting an NPO...Jason...)

Obviously all the above is not set in stone. I figure if we start planning now for the OOC part of it...we can worry about the IC hosting of it later and lighten the load for those people.

What I think we are going to need alot of help on.

Props. We had an awesome setup last game, as we evolve an IC theme we can work on this more.

Donations. Please help in anyway you can with this. If Jason could post here who to donate money to that would be great.

Ideas. Anything you can think of menu wise, location wise...anything. Let's start the brainstorming of that now on this thread.
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Franklin

Harrison_Franklin

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:30 am

Another thing to consider if we are inviting all those people is a way for character sheet approval to happen before the game starts or to have several STs approving characters at the same time so that we can get that aspect of the game done and over as fast as possible.

And someone handcuff themselves to the Nosferatu to make sure they show up this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.heroesofaudioland.com
Sarah

Sarah

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Caleb wrote:

I am looking at renting us the bath house in rainer beach.

How... Castro. Suspect
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 1:57 pm

Caleb wrote:
As to the location...once we have our NPO this gets way easier on us in price range...everyone bug Jason untill he gets this done.

Setting up an NPO (A 501 C status ) costs money, usually $50, but the hard sticker price is putting the articles of incorporation together.

Furthermore, how would we list ourselves for NPO Status?

~Sean

BTW, we have to have legal articles of incorporation, as well as a legal and binding distribution of assetts.

furthermore, with such a small group, it might be smarter to incorporate and file an LLC with regards to insurance. NPO's are cool when you are a large group (Like the SCA) because it assists with their tax status, however as a small group it might be wiser for us to go the LLC route for insurance purposes. With an NPO, the board of directors are personally liable for any damages after the closure of the NPO, hence why they carry liability insurance, which is not cheap. With an LLC, the boardof directors is only on the hook for the full $ value of the entity, to a maximum of $5k.

I think the smartest way to look at this is to look at this with what limited funds we can muster.

Or to look at it another way- Who's going to pay for it?

~Sean

Last edited by on Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 2:04 pm

McBastard wrote:
Caleb wrote:
Setting up an NPO costs $$$.
Furthermore, how would we list ourselves for NPO Status?
~Sean

It is surprisingly easy and not very costly. You just need a charter. I borrowed the old Ruby Rain Society one. It costs something like $75.

We're going to list ourselves as an interactive theater trope that occasionally gets involved with charities.

As I mentioned, I'll be working on it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Dusk

Dusk

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 6:43 pm

Harrison_Franklin wrote:
And someone handcuff themselves to the Nosferatu to make sure they show up this time Very Happy

Do ghouls count? If so, please use one of them, as we may be busy that night. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:28 pm

I don't have a lot of time, but I can still help out somehow. Maybe in funds once things are more nailed down.

Sean O'Connor aka Dr. Alfred Frost
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 1:13 am

Excellent idea regarding the additional help with PC approval. Perhaps we could even take it one step further and have them send it in by e-mail for approval OR lining up way ahead of time with them what NPC they will be playing and let them onto the boards 2 weeks before they show up.

Anyway you can contribute makes this event that much cooler.
Back to top Go down
ArmandRusso

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 12:12 pm

You know, if we get the 501(c) non-profit status... then contributions to the org (game) become tax deductible.

And some corporations might even match them.

Of course, that also means you have to actually keep accounts of contributions, and where they are spent, etc.
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Franklin

Harrison_Franklin

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:09 am

Has the date for the 12th Night Ball game been set yet?
Back to top Go down
http://www.heroesofaudioland.com
Former AST Jacob
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:47 pm

So far as I know, it will be the first game of the New Year, January 5th.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 9:45 am

goodmanmiller wrote:
So far as I know, it will be the first game of the New Year, January 5th.

This is correct.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that   Up Coming Event!  Brainstorm and all that Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Up Coming Event! Brainstorm and all that
Page 1 of 1