Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Game frequency.

Go down 
+5
Giada della Passaglia
Spider
Donovan
Caleb
Prof. Eldridge
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Prof. Eldridge

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-09-16

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 1:56 pm

We should totally play more than once every two weeks. Anyone else feeling like two weeks is a long time beween games?

-lil K
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 4:19 pm

I think this upcoming week we should try and find something all/most of us can go and do. A movie...game of football at some park...hanging out and playing board/card games. Something.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:02 pm

The main cool things about our game are the people, and the ST staff putting so much thought and work into the story lines and character ties. All of this takes time to establish, and our current ST staff really wants some kind of life. This being said, other activities are awesome, or once this game runs for another month or so, we may be able to create another Venue to run opposite saturdays.
Back to top Go down
Donovan

Donovan

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:15 pm

One possibility is that some of us break up into smaller groups on alternate Saturdays some place for a few strictly tabletop games. That could give those folks some gaming time to help with the jonesing over the off weeks. And if we did them at the same bat-time, same bat-channel at the Community Center, people could kind of pick a game to go with.

For example, as I get to know more people I'd be willing to consider running an All Flesh Must Be Eaten game (zombies and other horror) tabletop for 6-8 people in one room, then we might find someone else that wants to run D&D or some such in another room, and people can pick which game they want to participate in, if any. Just a thought on how the STs could still break and take time and we could get a weekend gaming fix.

Any other thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:49 pm

This subject comes up often. I take it as a serious complement. I’m really glad that people are happy with this game.

However, at this time, running every week is impractical at this time.

Our big tagline has been a LARP that adults with a life can play. 1/3 of our players are here because we do only play every other week. That allows people to have weekends and to make sure they can hit all of the games.

The other big reason is that the STs need the week to plan and prepare. We put a lot of effort to make sure that the game has the feel of a real world.

Aside from that, if we started playing every week, we might wear out our welcome and thus start having to pay for the site. Right now, the site is free. FREE!

I’d very much like to encourage other events in-between games. Clay is working on a BBQ.

We could also do a board game day. Movies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Giada della Passaglia

Giada della Passaglia

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 7:56 pm

As long as it doesn't become "mandatory fun" I am all for the occasional off-week activity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferbrozek.com
Ms. Millstone

Ms. Millstone

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 8:48 pm

I'm one of the people who would find it really difficult to have game every week, but I think that optional activities/alternate games are a great idea. Keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
Sarah

Sarah

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 9:36 pm

I'm personally a fan of the every-other-week system for the time being. I really look forward to coming to game, but I also really enjoy having my 'off' Saturdays free to go out of town, see my friends, so on and so forth. I wouldn't at all be opposed to the idea of us doing some sort of occasional/smaller hangy-outy thing on the weekends we're not roleplaying as long as it isn't (as previously mentioned) "mandatory fun", because I think (hope?) all of us have other plans sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 11:56 pm

Well I have a suggestion for this up coming saturday.

The Puyallup fair. Famous scones and carnival rides...as well as all that traditional fair stuff. A bit south for some people...but nothing a car pool can't fix.
Back to top Go down
ArthurKingsley

ArthurKingsley

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: faire   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2007 11:59 pm

when exactly (work schedules)? where? how much?

I.E. link please
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:25 am

The puyallup fair?

10 bucks a person...they'll wrangle more from you inside if you let them.

www.thefair.com

We could determine a time we all gather someplace to head down there.

Of course we could also get together and go see a movie.
Back to top Go down
Sarah

Sarah

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:52 am

But... but... think of the sunshine! Skin cancer! Tan lines! My tender Nordic sensibilities! I'm melting; I'm melting!
Back to top Go down
Ms. Millstone

Ms. Millstone

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:16 am

...girl after my own heart
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 5:20 am

...........what sunshine...have you looked outside la.........

oh right...the sunshine thing...

Well...then there is always a movie.

3:10 to yuma...30 days of night comes out...sometime soon I think.
Back to top Go down
Miguel Vasquez

Miguel Vasquez

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-09-13

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 12:46 pm

the fair sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game frequency. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game frequency.   Game frequency. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game frequency.
Page 1 of 1