Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog inWebsite

Share | 

Game changes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Game changes   Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:23 am

At this time we as a group have made some decisions. Some people were not included in our gathering and others may have changed your opinion so I am going to outline them and I want to hear what you all have to say.

• We will be using the new Live Action World of Darkness rules.
• We will be converting our current characters with the option to make a new one.
• We will be using the Covenant system for political groups in character.
• We are a player run game and so the players have a say in what direction we go.

Some other concerns have been the XP transfer. There are a couple of thoughts on this;

• Take time in from the start of the game and figure XP for your updated character.
• Give XP in addition to earned XP based on what you rolled on your Gen. an additional 30 XP for those whom got 13-11. 50 XP for those that were 10th gen, 70 for 9th, 90 for 8th gen.

On the idea of XP in the future I have some ideas;

There would be a variable XP award based on the following chart;
Attend game 2
Show up on time 1
Participate in game 1
Play flaw ‘one’ 1
Play flaw ‘two’ 1
ST or game assistance 1
Above and beyond 1

There is a possibility of gaining 8 xp in a night but more likely you would fain around 5.

There will be other changes no doubt, but this is a good start and as Rob said we can play and see what else we need.

Last edited by HST Darrin on Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sebastian Risk

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:29 pm

New setting? or same setting? I will be playing in the game but depending on if we are going reset or not I may switch character concepts.

Excuse me if this has been answered I tried reading as much as I could but I did not see anything on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:18 pm

Its not a full reset. If people want to play the same character, they can. The history is all still there. But there is going to be a lot of changes to the system, and to the political structures and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:26 am

It is hard to make this change without resetting everything though. I believe it's better to just do a clean sweep.

First, two clans are entirely gone.

PC Connections to NPC are going to be thrashed because in this setting clan means far less than covenant.

What I want to know is how much of the setting is being transfered, and will there be a new VSS?

~Sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:27 am

It is hard to make this change without resetting everything though. I believe it's better to just do a clean sweep.

First, two clans are entirely gone.

PC Connections to NPC are going to be thrashed because in this setting clan means far less than covenant.

What I want to know is how much of the setting is being transfered, and will there be a new VSS?

~Sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DocHolliday
Prince

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:23 am

Yeah, well, it was already discussed and put to a vote.

The overwhelming majority (pretty much everyone except me, I think) voted to keep the 'setting' and characters that we have.

Staff is working on a story to make this reasonable-ish, but we are all going to need to suspend a little disbelief to pull it off. I understand your concerns, but that was popular vote. If it doesn't work out, we're smart adaptable people and figure something else out.

-Rob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Alfred Frost

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 pm

I voted for a full whipe, but I can work withint the confines of what was decided as well.

And I agree with Rob in that if it doesn't work, well, there are always options to make it work or to move forward down different paths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:42 pm

For more information on story, please come to the game. Very Happy

Basically the idea we are working with is that there was a magical surge that is changing things and this will include clan. Clan lines become less distinct and therefor loyalty will shift to Covenants. I think its going to be fun.

We will be talking about things and converting characters at the next game so come on buy.

Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:56 am

We are going to be converting to the new system on the 27th of September.

I will make myself available for conversion and make sure that we have books for use.

Thanks

Rasputin

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:35 pm

The system seems ok to me. I would vote for continuing to roll for new characters instead of basing it on attendance. Admittedly there is an element of self interest in that, but I think it is better and will lead to a better array of characters.

As for the proposed xp system, this seems fine. I like the encouragement to actually play flaws. I would request that we lay down real guidelines for what constitutes "playing a flaw" though. Does it have to seriously negatively impact you to count? Or does it just have to come out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Alfred Frost

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:55 am

As far as the array of characters, it is actually worse. Because then everyone is actually on an even field, which actually affects a number of game play elements. It is better to have a range of power levels around. At least in my experience this is the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DocHolliday
Prince

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:42 am

As self-centered as it sounds, everyone being on the same level invites either stagnation or massive death. Having a few characters a few notches above average and a few below evens things out.

But that's just me.

Although, I was under the impression that we were converting over this week at Darrin's. Has the plan changed? Cus, based on what I saw last week, we aren't really going to see a whole lot of positive RP while we're all sorta holding our breath to see what happens with the change.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:36 am

We are indead working on character cross over this Sarturday as well as playing.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game changes   

Back to top Go down

Game changes
Page 1 of 1