Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Miniature Battles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:52 am

Attention D&D Miniature Battles geeks. Wizards has revamped there miniature game to accommodate 4th addition and I got a hold of a couple of cases of miniatures. I was looking to hold a sealed box miniatures game at my place Friday the 25th of April. If you are interested let me know and I will reserve a seat for you.

Last edited by AST Darrin on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lancaster

Mr. Lancaster

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:09 pm

*sigh* as I qualify as a miniature wargame geek.....I'll respond.
My question is, what game system is it that you aquired these miniatures for?

Hard to say, "I'll be there to wage miniature war against your miniature country!" if I don't know what system it is... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Wizards of the Coast produced there own system based on D&D. they release miniatures in booster and starter boxes with pre painted plastic miniatures. The new system they use is based on the 4th edition D&D. The Starter and Booster boxes normaly retail for $14.99, but I am able to provide them for $25.00 and will be throwing in 3 boosters for prizes or better based on the number of players we get.

Darrin
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lancaster

Mr. Lancaster

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:07 pm

OH. Those kind of miniatures... Sad
Sounds like you and whoever shows will have fun. However, I'm more inclined to paint my own, then let some machine, or small sweat shop child paint mine for me.
Don't take it personally, I'm just a bit snobbish when it comes to miniatures.

Hope you have fun.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:17 am

I felt the same way you did, but I found that these are also fun. I currently own 5 different War Hammer Fantasy armies and over 2000 miniatures. I still find the new game fun even though I didnt take the time to paint each miniature.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:21 am

I bought a case myself. But I don't even play the game. I just use them for table top figures, both as characters and for enemies.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lancaster

Mr. Lancaster

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 12:24 pm

hmm...given that notion, it might be a blast to be part of the game then.
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 1:02 pm

I agree with you, I use most of mine for running D&D games. I have however found that the game is fun as well and look forward to trying it out. if you ahve not gotten the Starter, it has some good miniatures, maps and the rules for the game.

Darrin
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Yeah, I bought the starter. Haven't even read the rules yet. Just got it because I wanted the Green Dragon (I have the Colossal Red, Gargantuan Blue, White and Black, large Red, Gold, Fang, etc. etc. etc. But I didn't have a green) and one of the figures fits well with one of my current characters. :-)

I know... I'm a big nerd.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lancaster

Mr. Lancaster

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Have to say we're all in rather august company then....king
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 8:24 pm

If you find yourself in need of miniatures both plastic and metal let me know. I have some that I am willing to trade or sell.

Geek fest

Darrin
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 2:27 am

I certainly have some I would be willing to trade. I have duplicates of some that I would love to get others in place of. Including a rare I have 2 of, and really don't want at all. :-P Especially since I don't use them for the actual miniatures game.
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:20 pm

Just as a side note, if you are interested in trading miniatures you can come by this Friday and we can make with the swapping of plastic. I am planning on having things start around 5 or 6 ish.

darrin
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:27 pm

I'm actually going to be super busy with work, and then I have game at 8. So my Friday is totally shot.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:28 pm

I'd be down with trying it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Sponsored content

Miniature Battles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miniature Battles   Miniature Battles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miniature Battles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Reign Chronicles :: Vampire OOC Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: