Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting

Go down 
+2
Dr. Alfred Frost
Emeric Belasco
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Emeric Belasco

Emeric Belasco

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-08-22

Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Empty
PostSubject: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:58 pm

How about a five XP coupon with the site address and game times? I can knock a pretty cool design together overnight. Nothin' drags people into game like a little extra XP! And they could be handed out with flyers and whatnot at Norwescon. And it's only five XP.

Coupons good for first character only, one coupon per player.

James
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:07 pm

Except then those of us that didn't get the free 5xp get upset. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mr. Lancaster

Mr. Lancaster

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Granted I understand your motivation to give out coupons for five xp....
Still, a lot of people, especially people new to game, like myself, who joined merely for fun, would feel slighted.
Back to top Go down
Saint

Saint

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Then how about a 5xp grant for the month of march if we manage to recruit even 1 new player from the event. I think even one new player would be worth a 5xp grant to the game, given that our game has lower than average monthly xp (8 per month most others range 10-14 say the Camarilla or ECC for example if you go to every game and get nominations), I don't think a 5 grant would do any harm. But that means we would need to show that our efforts garnered us a new or preferablely a few new players, which over all makes the game. Just my two cents.

Clay
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:58 pm

Saint wrote:
Then how about a 5xp grant for the month of march if we manage to recruit even 1 new player from the event. I think even one new player would be worth a 5xp grant to the game, given that our game has lower than average monthly xp (8 per month most others range 10-14 say the Camarilla or ECC for example if you go to every game and get nominations), I don't think a 5 grant would do any harm. But that means we would need to show that our efforts garnered us a new or preferablely a few new players, which over all makes the game. Just my two cents.

Clay

I think this could be neat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:59 am

Seconded
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:56 am

We already have a recruiting xp bonus in the works.

The xp will be available retroactively as soon as we finish up a few other items that are taking priority.

Also, Darrin and Sean are currently on my list for gaining +2 xp for the event stuff. If anyone else is helping set up or run the event, go ahead and let me know so I can put you on the list as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting   Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy idea for Norwescon/future recruiting
Page 1 of 1