Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

DRC elections

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

DRC elections Empty
PostSubject: DRC elections   DRC elections Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:04 am

Players of DRC, at this time the ST staff has no plan to hold an election for the position of HST or any other position within our game. Our game has no procedure to select positions within our staff or as assistance for the game, but we are working with experienced players to put theses guidelines into place.

Any players that are interested in assisting the staff to formalize our HST selection procedures please contact us using the PM option or personally emailing your choice of ST. Those that are already contributing we thank and hope that we can consolidate our games procedures in the near future. Our next scheduled meeting to work on this and other subjects is at the following location;

Who: All DRC Staff and players
What: Meeting to discuss Membership and procedural issues.
Where: Delfino's Restaurant, University Village
www.delfinospizza.com
When: 04/6/2008, 1-5 pm
Why: To clear the air, clear up some misconceptions, and formulate a plan for the next 6 - 9 months

Thank you for your promotion of this event Sean.

It should be noted that at this time no member of the ST staff is an officer of the NPO ‘Dark Reign Chronicles’ and as such is not subject to the laws of Washington state in electing its members.
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

DRC elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC elections   DRC elections Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Ummm ...

point of order Mr. Secretary

Per the Secretary of State (www.secstate.wa.gov), the DRC's inner workings, our bi-laws, and private affairs are NOT registered with the state, and we are allowed to run the Club as we see fit just as long as we do not violate any of the financial regulations.

All an NPO does is give us a happy stamp from the State of washington in regards to setting up bank accounts, dissolution of liquid assetts, ect. In all things financial we cannot be seen as making a profit, paying employees with raised funds, renting our equiptment for the sole purpose of capitol gain, whole sale purchases for commerical use.

The State of Wa IN NO WAY influences our internal workings, out By Laws, or wether we wear goat leggings on a particular day. If we were a 501c3, where the Department of Revenue and the IRS were involved, it would be a different matter.

Therefore per our NPO corporate standing, we are in no way obligated to hold elections at this time.

Sorry for the double post, I'm just wanting to make sure that folks are clear on what our NPO status can and cannot do for us, and that we are in no way bound by the state to do anything other than not make a profit. While I do have a certain level of business and legal business expertise, I will be the first person to direct any specific questions one might have to the Washington State Secretaries Office.

I would encourage any and all people who are interested in assisting with the creation of By-Laws, functionality of the orginization, and guiding principles of the DRC please send me a PM with your suggestions or call me after traditional business hours at 206-276-3813.

Thank you for your time and attention to this.

~Sean

PS I know it seems like things are hard and confusing, but tese are the usual growing pains that every small organization goes through before it gets larger and better. Be patient folks, and have some faith in your coordinators and the ST staff. We all want the same thing- a quality game that is focused on the enjoyment of the story by the players and an orginization that is member driven.

Peace out!

~Sean
Back to top Go down
Saint

Saint

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-17

DRC elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC elections   DRC elections Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 pm

For legal reasons of showing intent by those on the Board of Dark Reign Chronicles NPO I am posting this here as well to show intent by the NPO to hold elections.

After much discussion of the Coordinator Staff, Elections are coming!

The current time line for Head Story Teller/NPO Head elections is for April and after an April 6th meeting to solidify the rules we will start the process mid April or early May giving us our first elected story teller by no later than the end of May. More details to follow as the process continues, the rules for application have all ready been finished and approved, and those will be posted April 7th.

After that month Coordinator Elections/NPO Officer will occur, more to follow there.

Clayton Turner

Legal Disclaimer:
These elections are in accordance and under nescicary and required compliance with the rules of our NPO registered in Washington as "Dark Reign Chronicles", and fore most in accordance with Washington State Law which requires an elected head of our NPO, as well as our NPO officer in accordance with our charter under the Washington State Law persuint to "Not-for-Profit Law Washington State" to avoid prosecution under fraud laws persuant to state jurisdiction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DRC elections Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRC elections   DRC elections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DRC elections
Page 1 of 1