Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Edmonds

Go down 
+2
AST Dustin
DocHolliday
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:05 pm

Alright, so this new venue is way out of my neck of the woods. Seriously. My attendance will be spotty till we find something closer to me.
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:32 pm

DocHolliday wrote:
Alright, so this new venue is way out of my neck of the woods. Seriously. My attendance will be spotty till we find something closer to me.

We hear you and we are keeping our eyes open something a bit south.

If anyone would like to help with locating a new site, let us know.
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:54 pm

We need something indoors, accessable, and cheap.

Indoor sites have bathrooms, running water, electric lights and HEAT. Furthermore, we can decorate them, hang out, and do whatever we need to them for our events. As one who has played in outdoor sights, well, I trust you can see the difference.

Finding a sight central to the playerbase is also critical. Yes, from time to time some folks will ave to drive a little farther than others, but that's why some folks carpool. I do because 4 of the players live within 2 miles of me and it's cheaper on gas (AND we can hit up the Carpool lane too!). It also helps with parking. The real kicker is this though- like in every metropolitan are, it takes 45 minutes to drive 10 miles in any direction. So finding someplace close, central, *AND* also has decent parking will always be a tough call.

The hardest part of al of this is affordability. We can rent any place we are willing to pay for, but gamers are notoriously cheap. Prime example- we bitch about the cost of game books that we get HUNDREDS OF HOURS of entertainment out of, but line up around the block to pay $10 for a 2 hour movie.

Go figgure.

I'd suggest that we start a suggested donation of $2 to cover the site fees per game per player. People can kick in more if they want (and some will) but it will at least help deferr any one person kicking in every two weeks. Furthermoe we should look at doing fund raisers so we can have an opperating budget, a resource, and most of all a plan.

Then again, this is just my business sense kicking in.

Just thinking out loud. Very Happy

~Sean
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:11 pm

McBastard wrote:
I'd suggest that we start a suggested donation of $2 to cover the site fees per game per player. People can kick in more if they want (and some will) but it will at least help deferr any one person kicking in every two weeks. Furthermoe we should look at doing fund raisers so we can have an opperating budget, a resource, and most of all a plan.

Then again, this is just my business sense kicking in.

Just thinking out loud. Very Happy

~Sean
The donation thing is just that, a donation, as such we will never require or pressure people into it. It would be nice though so that the AST that is fronting the bill for the site doesn't have to.

We have started talking about things like fund raisers. We are working on hashing out quite a few things. You should start seeing the result of this stuff within a few months.

Also, it defiantly sounds like you have a grasp on this stuff. We would gladly accept any assistance you would like to offer on the site or fundrasing...
Back to top Go down
Celestius Jouteur

Celestius Jouteur

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:35 pm

I don't know how "central" it is, but I believe there's a place in Kirkland that's not too expensive, as long as the person "hosting" the group lives in Kirkland. It just so happens that Joe and I DO live in Kirkland. Not to mention I believe our group has an NPO now? Not sure, but there you go!

I don't know if it helps, I don't know where it is, but, at least attempting to put in my 2 cents?
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:45 pm

The lady does present a possible option that warrents looking into.

I have sort of a strange idea...

What don't we have some sort of Social event that has nothing to do with game, but alot to do with just us as a group and hanging out?

The Old Spaghetti Factory in DT Seattle has a large room and is fairly cheap eats for lunch. What say a Saturday before game to get sounders from members, devour some cheap eats, and generally have a good time?

Dear Lord, us getting together and having a good time without playing R/P/S... What will the neighbors say?

Just a thought...

~Sean
Back to top Go down
Slash

Slash

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:51 pm

Just an idea

if someone had a house big enough we could have game there...its free, heated and is somewhat close to everybody else.

It might be a stupid idea, but an idea none the less.
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:02 am

Slash wrote:
Just an idea

if someone had a house big enough we could have game there...its free, heated and is somewhat close to everybody else.

It might be a stupid idea, but an idea none the less.

We would need to consider parking and the neighbors, as well.
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:03 am

Celestius Jouteur wrote:
I don't know how "central" it is, but I believe there's a place in Kirkland that's not too expensive, as long as the person "hosting" the group lives in Kirkland. It just so happens that Joe and I DO live in Kirkland. Not to mention I believe our group has an NPO now? Not sure, but there you go!

I don't know if it helps, I don't know where it is, but, at least attempting to put in my 2 cents?

Hmmm... we are having an ST meeting this Saturday. We will definatly discuss it!
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:03 am

McBastard wrote:
The lady does present a possible option that warrents looking into.

I have sort of a strange idea...

What don't we have some sort of Social event that has nothing to do with game, but alot to do with just us as a group and hanging out?

The Old Spaghetti Factory in DT Seattle has a large room and is fairly cheap eats for lunch. What say a Saturday before game to get sounders from members, devour some cheap eats, and generally have a good time?

Dear Lord, us getting together and having a good time without playing R/P/S... What will the neighbors say?

Just a thought...

~Sean

I will have to check our scheduled before I can commit to anything.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:16 pm

I looked for a month trying to find something decently priced more centrally located.

Maybe you guys will have better luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Sponsored content

Edmonds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edmonds   Edmonds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edmonds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Reign Chronicles :: Vampire OOC Discussion :: General Discussion-
Jump to: