Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

State of the Game and Feedback

Go down 
+10
Giada della Passaglia
Xavier_Caine
Sarah
Ms. Millstone
Caleb
Emeric Belasco
DocHolliday
Maid Marian
Dr. Alfred Frost
Spider
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-08-21

State of the Game and Feedback Empty
PostSubject: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 12:47 pm

We’ve been running this game for six month now.

I’ve had a lot of fun. And I’ve met a lot of good people.

However, I’ve gotten several emails from people indicating that they won’t be able to play for a while or have lost interest. Maybe it is the winter thing going on. Maybe it is people losing interest.

The question I am putting to the group is simple. Do you want to keep going? Is it time for a hiatus?
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:03 pm

I think it should keep going. I am enjoying it. This is just a very busy time of the year for a lot of people I think. And things come up in peoples' lives.

But I am not a mind reader, so I can't speak for everybody. :-)
Back to top Go down
Maid Marian

Maid Marian

Number of posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 7:48 pm

I will still play.
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Um. Interesting question.

I think it's just that time of year, mate. I'm still there.

-Rob.
Back to top Go down
Emeric Belasco

Emeric Belasco

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 8:55 pm

Are you yourself a little burnt? You've been busy and had your own stuff to deal with lately. Do you still want to run this game? I hope you will.

I will play for as long as I'm here and there is a game to go to.
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Dude...it's winter.

We need a stable location near central Seattle.

We need more ST meetings to provide for player needs and responses many have been waiting for...for a month or so.

We should institute a referrel program...get a friend to come for 4 games, get 2 exp free.

We need a player poll, more midweek NPC activity on the forums (more NPC activity on the forums period), and more out of game events that are not just going to movies.

We need a one off event for a throwdown night to teach many of the new players, and some of the ECC players (including myself), these other ways of thinking about rules interpretation...and to bring to discussion among players and ST's how certain situations will work. For example...how many people know that pavis breaks? Does it break? Is it a one use only, then the second presence power works? Can rituals be canceled once cast? Simple things like that along with just some combat testing and experience...not just a night of number throwing, but a rigged situation where combative conflict in small to mid size groups is the goal. For example...how many combative players know that parry is not a full defensive maneuver option? The list goes on. We can make it fun, reward exp, and most important of all...switch things up a little bit.

We play pretty much two hours every week. The first hour from 6 to 7 we all wait for everyone else to show up. The next two hours are awesome...by 9:15-9:30 we are done and out the door or cleaning up. Announcements can be handed out on pieces of paper and hung on walls for people to read...we can gather up, st's can say "I need to see these people....blah...game on" and we can go from there. Play from 6:30 to 9:00. Show up early or stay late for scenes with other people...ST's can have their meeting from 4 to 6...I'll even volunteer to bring them food (they pay for of course) so they can eat and plan before the game happens.

In honest opinion...the attitude of the ST's reflects the attitude of the players...always. If the ST is forcing themselves to show up, so will the players. If the ST does not wish to be there, niehter will the players.

I'm committed to building this LARP into a community that provides for gamers with lives. Let's find people that this game fits and invite them.

A little smokey the bearish but seriously...only we can improve the game for us, no one else is gonna do it but us. We just need to decided on a course of action, dedicate ourselves to it, and get it done.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:10 pm

I've very glad that there have been so many positive responses about people wanting to stick with this.

After seeing a couple of people drop off, I was starting to wonder.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Ms. Millstone

Ms. Millstone

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:39 am

Don't cancel game.. game is wondeful. I really do think most of us were simply overwhelmed with the hollidays, and that things will probably pick up shortly.

-Alaina
Back to top Go down
Sarah

Sarah

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 11:49 am

File me under "overwhelmed". I've been busy, and I'm slowly rolling into being even busier as this year progresses. That said, I'd still like to keep playing as long as it's feasible for me - I have a new character concept and hope to return two or three games from now (taking this weekend off, I have standing plans) once I have my sheet set up.

I do think a player poll would do a lot of good, though, and second the suggestion about more NPC action on the boards.
Back to top Go down
Xavier_Caine

Xavier_Caine

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:05 am

My scheduling for work (Nintendo) has been... erratic at the best of times.
Until it stabilizes, I won't be coming.

You Tremere out there that read this, keep to clan, and don't sluff off!
Back to top Go down
Giada della Passaglia

Giada della Passaglia

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-09-02

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 12:19 am

Put me under "Way too busy for the moment..."

In the past 6 weeks, I've visited Jeff's family and my family. I've moved in with Jeff. I've finished a multi-thousand word co-authorship on Chill 3rd edition. I had my birthday. I got engaged.

You can count Jeff overwhelmed, too. He did all the above except for the book writing but he has a lead in a dance-musical that has its first performance in late Feb.

I suspect things will chill out in late Feb.

Thanks,
Jennifer (Giada) and Jeff (Armando)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jenniferbrozek.com
Celestius Jouteur

Celestius Jouteur

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 1:15 am

Didn't read all the responses, but I'm totally still in! I'm all over playing a Tremere who actually gets to be Tremere-y. Don't cancel!
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 3:21 pm

I do know that the boys and I are good for Game.

I think the biggest issue we have is the changing of locations. I'm hoping that the PUD will be th last change we have to make for a good long while.

On a personal level, i'm thinking that we need to see less interference from outside sources, and let us focus on what we can do on our own. Meaning less interference from NPC's and external threats, and let us work things out internally first. Our enemies should be other players who are right there with something to fight for rather than some ubiquitous nemesis that requires a specific ST to run that those NPC's.

Hope this helps. Very Happy

~Sean
Back to top Go down
Donovan

Donovan

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:41 am

I'm definitely still in, I've even got my new character picked out (since Terrence is blowing in the wind now) and just need to make him early tomorrow. I look forward to game every time it's happening.
Back to top Go down
Miss Snow

Miss Snow

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2008 1:55 am

Aww, don't cancel. ): I've been out cuz of work, and now I'm overly pregnant and that complicates things. (I'm dedicated to ECC, and two games in one day + a fat chic who grunts every time she stands up is not a good thing xDD)

BUT! I plan to come back after things with baby calm down (HAHA i know, Laugh all you want.)

Until then, I hope to make at least one or two special appearances and cause some trouble!

<3 keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of the Game and Feedback   State of the Game and Feedback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State of the Game and Feedback
Page 1 of 1