Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Every other weekend

Go down 
+8
Octavian
Darrin
McBastard
Emeric Belasco
Harrison_Franklin
Caleb
Spider
Celestius Jouteur
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Celestius Jouteur

Celestius Jouteur

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Every other weekend Empty
PostSubject: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:59 am

So, I have something I'd like to be brought into light.

I know the way you've set the schedule for this game is "Every 1st 3rd and, if there is one, 5th weekend of the month." I know it seems handy, but I'm not fond of it.

First of all, it makes us end up with two games in a row two weeks in a row. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool. There's only one problem, I won't be able to make it to that second game anyway.

So, I think you should change it to simply be every other weekend. I know I'm not the only one who has plans on the weeks we don't play DRC. It would be much easier for us all.

I don't know that anything immediate is going to be done about this, but I felt I should let my opinion be heard, especially with the game having such a new start and all.

Thank you ever so much for your time.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 10:48 am

Katie,

All polite feedback is welcome. 

<<First of all, it makes us end up with two games in a row two weeks in a row. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool. There's only one problem, I won't be able to make it to that second game anyway.>>

Having a game two weeks in a row is VERY stressful for the STs as the staff has been discovering.

There were a ton of players that really wanted games every week. Lisa has promised to kill me and divorce me in that order if I every considered it. This was my compromise.

There are only three months where there are a fifth Saturday, but it does seem to throw everything off. I am curious to see how many players want that 5th Saturday and see if it is worth it. It very well might be a case of diminishing returns.

<<So, I think you should change it to simply be every other weekend. I know I'm not the only one who has plans on the weeks we don't play DRC. It would be much easier for us all.>>

We can’t change it to every other weekend. We can either do first and third Saturdays or second and fourth Saturdays. This is for scheduling purposes with the site and so people can make arrangements with babysitters, etc.

For right now we’re sticking to first and third Saturdays since that’s what people have arranged with babysitters and the like.

If we dropped the 5th Saturday, there would be three times in the year where we had 2 weeks between games. That’s not too bad.

I'd like to hear what others think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:07 am

I would love to play on the 5th saturdays...heck...I would love to play every week...but I understand everyone does not want a game all the time.

If on the 5th saturday of the month (which happens...3 times a year?) we don't have game I would be okay with that...if enough people go that way. My vote is to have it...

If I may put forward an alternative.

Maybe we should make the 5th saturday something else for game. The game in vegas I was a part of we had one game every 6 months we dedicated to working for a charity. We gave out exp for attendance...and we went and had a good time helping out others.

Maybe on 5th saturdays we could do something like that?
Back to top Go down
Harrison_Franklin

Harrison_Franklin

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:22 am

The other option is to do a theme game. For example everyone make the best character they can using 50 exp and then play thunderdome. Something fun and goofy that doesn't require a ton of ST work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heroesofaudioland.com

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:42 am

Since it only Happens three times a year, why not make it an event. A special event either hosted by an individual or a clan. It could be a Ball (with dancing) or attendance to a museum or something.

The one in October naturally would be a Holloween Party. The one this December perhaps could be a New Years eve Party or the famous 12th night party of Seatle.

There will actually be 4 times in '08. Leap year.

Next is in March, nothing comes to mind except the Ides of march, we could have an assassinate Caesar....maybe just play a host a murder type affair or do a nerf gun combat..

The next times are in May, August and November of '08.

In '09 it is in january, may august and octobe again. In octobe it is actually on Halloween so attendance will most likly be nil. I know I will be out trick or trating with my son.

A possible event would be to see a movie together, somethin appropriate perferably with Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, or George W. Bush(perhaps the most frieghtening of all).
Back to top Go down
Emeric Belasco

Emeric Belasco

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:24 pm

I actually think that the current 1st, 3rd and 5th is about the best setup we could have. There is no set up that is perfect for everyone, but I believe this is the best of the choices we have.

I also like the idea of special events hosted by players for the extra weekends.

James
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:37 pm

I agree.

i think the 1st & 3rd Satrudays work just fine. It leaves folks with weekends open for other activities... (*cough*cough*VEGAS*cough*cough*)

I am down for the 5th saturdays being a theme game or event. I own an events production company with DJ, Lights, Music, Decorations, so I'd be willing to hook something up for folks. Very Happy

~Sean
Back to top Go down
Celestius Jouteur

Celestius Jouteur

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 4:32 pm

Thank you Jason. I really appreciate the way you answered my questions and I'm glad I got some other people thinking up ideas.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by anything I said! That wasn't my intent, but it doesn't seem to have gone that way, which makes me happy.

I can understand all these things. I just thought I'd put my input forward. Again, thank you for your time. I appreciate your answers!
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 5:38 pm

The problem I have with the game schedual not being consistant is that it makes it harder for me to schedual baby sitters and arranging other games around it. It would make a more consistant game if we did every other week. It would help us with keeping this regular and not have that wierd issue of fluxuating game weeks.

My vote is for every other week.

Darrin
Back to top Go down
Octavian

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 6:27 pm

The way it currently is, is fine. Scheduling stuff ahed of time like baby sitters, and all that... all it takes is to look ahead to see what saturdas fall on what days, and plan around it a bit.. or at least mark it so you know what is coming.

I like the way it is set up... and i say let teh good times roll.

This current schedule is working as intended.
Back to top Go down
Vandal

Vandal

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 8:44 pm

Harrison_Franklin wrote:
The other option is to do a theme game. For example everyone make the best character they can using 50 exp and then play thunderdome. Something fun and goofy that doesn't require a ton of ST work.

This is genius in concept, and it makes me chuckle when I say "35 cainites enter one cainite leaves." But mass combat get's sooo insane, especially if there are actually more than two sides. I'd be more than willing to try though...no Lasombra allowed though, they cheat at mass combat.
Back to top Go down
Amy hartzler

Amy hartzler

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 9:03 pm

every other week works better for dustin and I as well due to the change off the every other week thing I'm scrambling for sitter this week and every other week till we have our next fifth week game in dec.
Back to top Go down
Sarah

Sarah

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:45 pm

Vandal wrote:
Harrison_Franklin wrote:

This is genius in concept, and it makes me chuckle when I say "35 cainites enter one cainite leaves." But mass combat get's sooo insane, especially if there are actually more than two sides. I'd be more than willing to try though...no Lasombra allowed though, they cheat at mass combat.

If by cheat you mean win... then why yes, yes they do. Mmm, Lasombra.

I, personally, would love to see every other weekend from a practicality standpoint. Easy to remember.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 11:24 am

The next 5th Saturday is in December. That is smack in the middle of the holidays. The STs voted last night that we’re going to not hold a game then. We have vacations and the like to go to.

I’d like to do a party. I also liked the charity idea.

So we’ll pretty much be every other week until the next 5th Saturday in March. We’ll revisit this as we get closer to March.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Vladimir Kravinoff

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 5:19 pm

I just adjusted my work schedule to be every 1st and 3rd saturday off so that I could attend at least one game regularly. Changing it to every other week would mean that there would be stretches of months at a time I would not be able to attend at all.

Thus, while until now I would have preferred a game every other week I now have to argue selfishly for keeping it the way it is. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every other weekend   Every other weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every other weekend
Page 1 of 1