Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

5 XP per game

Go down 
+2
DocHolliday
Jocasta
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jocasta

Jocasta

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-08-23

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2007 7:39 pm

Here is my logic and reason for 5 XP per game.

We all do a great job role-playing our 4 hours every other week. For that we should get 3 xp per game.

It's up to the storytellers to nominate the group for an extra 1 xp.

We must set up and tear down our site every game. There is no clean up crew but us. This special effort should be recognized by the ST's with an additional 1 xp.

If the group isn't doing tear down set up and it falls to three or four individuals, then the group shouldn't be rewarded. But so far, I have seen a majority of the players immediately hussle to tear down, be more than willing to schlep tables from room to room and throw trash away.

If we're being rewarded for doing charity drives, special tasks for the ST's, then maybe we should be rewarded for our efforts in making every game better.
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 12:36 am

Motion seconded.
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2007-08-21

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 1:05 am

I agree as well.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:49 am

Raven wrote:
If we're being rewarded for doing charity drives, special tasks for the ST's, then maybe we should be rewarded for our efforts in making every game better.

The reward is also that we get to play in a wonderful location with bathrooms and chairs.

I will print out this thread and bring it up at the next ST meeting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Harrison_Franklin

Harrison_Franklin

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-08-24

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:55 am

Don't forget the roof. And a heater. Never forget the heater!
Back to top Go down
http://www.heroesofaudioland.com
Cody O

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 6:11 pm

5xp is very reasonable. I had been thinking at the least 4 per game, but with the motion of 5 per game, I have to agree. I was told that you dont do noms... or story teller xp given out.. unless it is like some huge group decision. i can understand the logic of that, but in comparison (sorry for doing it) where i might get 5 weeks of play in a month... 5 noms from players.. 5 noms from story tellers.... 20xp. I know the goal here is to not be like ECC on a large scale, but a lower ammount of xp values is not really a good solution, I dont think.

5xp is fair... as in the other game, where it is very possible to get 16-20 xp per month... this one... which we play less, which alot less ppl and alot more heart... 10-15.

Anywho... I concur with the 5xp motion.
Back to top Go down
Xavier_Caine

Xavier_Caine

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-09-22

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 7:51 pm

Just gonna put my two cents Smile

It all comes down to how fast/hard the storyteller wants his game. If he wants a slower, more story-centric game, then the slower experience growth is a no-brainer. But if there is going to be much player danger/death, and high-power chars are needed rapidly, then it follows that there needs to be 5 (or even more) exp/game.

Again, it's the storytellers call, it's his game we're a part of (and other staff Very Happy ), we're just actors on his stage.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 11:27 pm

Cody O wrote:
5xp is very reasonable. I had been thinking at the least 4 per game, but with the motion of 5 per game, I have to agree. I was told that you dont do noms... or story teller xp given out.. unless it is like some huge group decision. i can understand the logic of that, but in comparison (sorry for doing it) where i might get 5 weeks of play in a month... 5 noms from players.. 5 noms from story tellers.... 20xp. I know the goal here is to not be like ECC on a large scale, but a lower ammount of xp values is not really a good solution, I dont think.

5xp is fair... as in the other game, where it is very possible to get 16-20 xp per month... this one... which we play less, which alot less ppl and alot more heart... 10-15.

Anywho... I concur with the 5xp motion.

By the way, ECC isn't a dirty word. I'm all about using what works no matter who has tried it before.
Back to top Go down

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 2:07 am

Caine brings up a viable observation which suggest an alternative. Perhaps a sliding scale. When things are on edge and a lot is happening then the base(3) game level may be increased. At the end of each game session the ST's can announce if it is a (insert title) 4, (insert title) 5, (insert title) 6, or (insert title) 7 game.

I would hate to increase the Regular EX level and not have it reflected on the game.

A formula could be devised to help determine the game intensity:
PC death
NPC death
Major political change
etc....
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Caleb

Number of posts : 197

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 5:57 am

I think that a sliding scale is disagreeable...as for some the night be the most eventful of their unlives...while all others did was sit in elysium and avoid bullet fire.

4 exp, with the option of 5, a game would be awesome. A flat 5 a game would also be awesome. I dont think anymore then that is neccessary.

We also have ways of earning EXP in other ways...I expect when we throw our first in game event there will be ample opprotunities to earn extra exp by helping out with your time, donations, and ideas.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:59 am

Xavier_Caine wrote:
It all comes down to how fast/hard the storyteller wants his game. If he wants a slower, more story-centric game, then the slower experience growth is a no-brainer. But if there is going to be much player danger/death, and high-power chars are needed rapidly, then it follows that there needs to be 5 (or even more) exp/game.

By the way, we do have a rule that you might not be aware of.

3.0.6 Death Experience

Character death happens in a game where consequences are stressed. The players make the difference between an epic story and a lame night. After each character death, the ST Council will review a character death scene and vote. If the player accepted the character death gracefully, the ST Council can vote to award the player 1/4th of their spent experience from this character. This is a way to ease the pain of starting over in a long term chronicle, encourage players to be epic, and reward the good role-players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5 XP per game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 XP per game   5 XP per game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 XP per game
Page 1 of 1