Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Our game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ms. Millstone

Ms. Millstone

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-04

Our game Empty
PostSubject: Our game   Our game Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:50 am

So, Dark Reign Chronicles is looking pretty feeble these days, but there are still some of us who harbor deep attachment to it, and I've heard many say that they are unwilling to let it die. However, it will take a certain amount of effort to regenerate the energy it has lost, and we need to get a realistic idea of how many players we can count on showing up most of the time. The board aren't always the best way to get a hold of people, and I would like to compile a phone list of the players we have left. Before we attempt any more games, I think we need to go get pizza somewhere and either make plans abut how we're going to strengthen our game, or decide that as much as we'd like to, we really don't have the time for this undertaking. I think we can make this work, we just need some better communication.

Would anyone be interesting in getting together and discussing things?
Please post a response, or if boards aren't your thing, give me a call (858) 243-4742

-Alaina
Back to top Go down
Ken Bryce

Ken Bryce

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Our game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our game   Our game Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:05 pm

I've put a lot of work into DRC in the past and am still interested in seeing things through so the real question is when can we get together and who is still interest in seeing things through. Would any one NOT be able to make something on Saturday November 8th?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Our game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our game   Our game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:35 am

I am definitely still interested, the problem is that life is very much in the way. Between various holiday events, wedding planning stuff, and family things I have been pretty well ridiculously busy for the last few months, and it is getting worse not better. I will likely not be able to make it in until December.

Nove 8th - In Portland doing some wedding stuff (food tasting, the girls are doing a spa treatment and basic makeup and things at the venue to make sure that the stuff they have there will work, etc)

Nov 22nd - Christna's and another friend of ours' birthday party/our housewarming party.
Back to top Go down
Ken Bryce

Ken Bryce

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Our game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our game   Our game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:25 am

would Nov 15th work?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

Our game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our game   Our game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:28 am

I am not positive, but I believe that I am available that weekend. I think that is my one weekend in November where I dont have something going on. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

Our game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our game   Our game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:21 am

The rumor-mill tells me the Darrin stepped down from HST this last game. Interesting, that.

Here's my input. I've, over the year and change the game has gone on, put a great deal of myself into it trying to better the game. And while I hold a great deal of love and attachment to my character, and very much like to RP with the people that go to DRC, I don't hold that much attachment to the game itself.

Basically, for DRC to run the way that really made it fun for me (players dicking over players, hardcore plots, and interesting twists), it needs about 20-30 players. Period. We haven't had that for a while. It also needs a staff that knows how to run both PLOT and PVP. These are two very different beasts and don't have nearly the same demands on Staff.

My current problem with DRC (aside from it now being without a Staff) is that the 4-5 players that we had showing up were always the same characters. With the turn-outs we've been having, the game would be better served as a table-top game. I can hear the mutters of disbelief, but trust me, with a playerbase of 5, you can't run even a small LARP.

DRC, at the start, sported three camps of people. In the first camp of people, you had those folks that left ECC because of a variety of frustrating reasons and wanted to make a game entirely not ECC somewhere else. I was in that camp, as was Jason, Clay, Dustin, etc. In the second camp you had people that came from ECC, but still had hope that ECC could rock and were going to that as well. Darrin represented that camp, as did Josh and a few others. In the third camp you had entirely new blood that came out of no-where to enrich the game on a whole new level. That's where Alaina and her posse came in. It was the mixing of these three unique flavors that made DRC great and fun. It was the Staff that let us fuck each-other over while STILL providing plot that was great.

In short, I think DRC was great. Right now, it isn't.

Of the three camps, one has left us almost entirely, and the third camp has dwindled to one or two players. We have no Staff to speak of. And the players that show up represent a single hand.

Recently I joined the Camarilla, as many of you have heard from my various preeching. This has let me rejoin one of my missing camps of players. It's gratifying in a way I grossly underestimated and I think a lot of you would enjoy it. But, I'm not going to preach about it. Of the camp that wasn't LARPing with anyone and joined DRC, they've largely joined ECC. And the people that came FROM ECC are naturally still there. I'm not sure there's still a niche for DRC.

I don't want to see DRC die. But I also don't have the motivation to take over the reins as HST. I offered my services as HST to the game once (and to two separate HSTs at two separate times to function as an AST). Each time, for differing reasons, I was turned down. I'm not an endless font of tolerance. My situation has largely changed since any one of these instances popped up.

Further, between the Cam and trying to maintain motivation for ECC in general, I might not have any spare juice for DRC at the moment. Ya'll want to keep it going, you have my absolute blessing. I'm not sure I'll be here for it. Maybe when my life settles a bit, and the other games are calmer, I can look at it again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our game   Our game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our game
Page 1 of 1