Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

New game/ world change

Go down 
+2
DocHolliday
Darrin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

New game/ world change Empty
PostSubject: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 3:46 pm

For those of you that were not able to attend the meeting we had this last Thursday we had a turn out of about 10 people. We came to some conclusions, one being that the game needed to change. The change that seemed to be the most popular was to move to the Requiem system, but keep the characters we are currently playing. I believe that this is a doable plan and I think that I have a great story in mind to help us restructure.
First and foremost I want all players to understand that any change that occurs will be something that is group approved. If the players want a change I will give it to them, if they think something I do stinks I will stop doing it. This game is not mine, its not anybodies it’s all of ours.
We are not changing to the new system next game or even the game after that. We are going to give the players time to absorb what this will mean for them and to remake there characters. The staff will be available for answering questions, but be gentle because we are also new to this system.
If any of you have questions and or comments lets hear them. I want to know that our players have to say.
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 5:27 pm

HST Darrin wrote:
For those of you that were not able to attend the meeting we had this last Thursday we had a turn out of about 10 people. We came to some conclusions, one being that the game needed to change. The change that seemed to be the most popular was to move to the Requiem system, but keep the characters we are currently playing. I believe that this is a doable plan and I think that I have a great story in mind to help us restructure.
First and foremost I want all players to understand that any change that occurs will be something that is group approved. If the players want a change I will give it to them, if they think something I do stinks I will stop doing it. This game is not mine, its not anybodies it’s all of ours.
We are not changing to the new system next game or even the game after that. We are going to give the players time to absorb what this will mean for them and to remake there characters. The staff will be available for answering questions, but be gentle because we are also new to this system.
If any of you have questions and or comments lets hear them. I want to know that our players have to say.

Score.

I'll help however I can. When are we planning on converting?

And, as per the discussion, are we meeting next week on the Campus?

-Rob.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:56 pm

The MET: Requiem is actually very awesome.

Combat is very quick.

You can use these excel character sheets that do all of the math for you.

http://sheets.immortaldanse.org/
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-11-03

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:24 am

The whole system is much cleaner, not just combat. Though combat I think is where you probably see it the most. It flows much faster, that is for sure.

And I can definitely help as well, as I have had a decent amount of experience with the new system. I will try to make it to this next game, although due to the shift in every other week instead of 1st and 3rd saturday, I will likely miss the next game as I already have something planned, and was planned before the shift.
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:51 pm

I have a question about Requiem.

Can a viable and playable character be had in Vampire: The Requiem with, say, 70xp or is the system so radically different that 70xp would translate into a character that is impossible to play?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:55 pm

So the best way for me to answer that isn't going to be much of an answer for you really.

The Camarilla in their requiem games start people out with 50xp and then they get a certain amount of xp based on their member class. This means that they are starting players out with considerably more than is given in the book. This is due to a number of things, including the fact that costs are a bit higher than old Vampire, starting with less attributes and abilities, and the fact that there are no starting freebie points for characters.

Really, 70xp for a starting character would be above and beyond what the Cam does, and would probably be a good start for new people.

For existing people that already have XP saved up, you may want to have it X + whatever they have spent coming into it.

Rob may have other input.
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:20 pm

Dr. Alfred Frost wrote:
So the best way for me to answer that isn't going to be much of an answer for you really.

The Camarilla in their requiem games start people out with 50xp and then they get a certain amount of xp based on their member class. This means that they are starting players out with considerably more than is given in the book. This is due to a number of things, including the fact that costs are a bit higher than old Vampire, starting with less attributes and abilities, and the fact that there are no starting freebie points for characters.

Really, 70xp for a starting character would be above and beyond what the Cam does, and would probably be a good start for new people.

For existing people that already have XP saved up, you may want to have it X + whatever they have spent coming into it.

Rob may have other input.

Na, that pretty much covers it.

You can have a starting character straight out of character creation, like the book says. It's just not really feasible in a game where you have A) Established characters B) Murdering bastards and C) An ST staff that by it's nature can't control the world 100% like they can in a table-top (that's not bashing Staff, I'm just saying that you have dramatically less control in a LARP then you do in other venues).

That being said, if Staff was going to start a policy of 'Brand new characters get Y xp to spend on their sheets' 70 is a good number. It lets you buy up a discipline or two, and maybe round out some merits. If you are, however, going to grant new characters 70 xp, those of us that don't have too much more then that even after a year+ of RP (not sure how that works out, but hey), and they won't get further compensation, well... I might have something not nice to say about it.

-Rob.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:24 pm

I agree with Rob on this one. I have just a bit over 70 right now, having not been involved in the prelude and such. And I know if new people were starting at almost where I am at, I would be a little bit not pleased as well.

But like I said, if you find a starting point you want to put people at (like 50 or 70) then add on existing experience that we have acrued, then that would be fine.

Sean
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:59 am

The players, all but maybe 2 of 3, have at least 70 xp. The earned experience naturally tiers itself.

Are you guys thinking we keep the earned experience but if you have less than 70 that we start a player out with 70?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Alfred Frost

Dr. Alfred Frost

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:12 am

I was thinking more along the lines of new characters should start with X experience, and existing characters should start with X + existing experience. X may be as low as maybe 20, or as the cam does it start at 50.
Back to top Go down
McBastard

McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 9:00 am

All crunch factor aside, are we starting over with a new Seattle Storyline as well, or are we going to continue to run the same one as we have now?

It would seem to me that this is a great opportunity to do some house cleaning.

BTW, I've jumped ship on the mortgage career bit as the market is and is going to be crap for at the very least the next 3-5 years. At this point I'm looking at a regulas M-F job so I'll have time to make game finally. cheers
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:51 pm

What we are looking at doing is giving all players xp and there xp they had. We are still working out the amounts. but fear not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New game/ world change   New game/ world change Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New game/ world change
Page 1 of 1