Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

Elysium and what it meens

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Elysium and what it meens Empty
PostSubject: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 9:19 am

I wanted to explain what an Elysium is and how it is normally used in our World of Darkness.

As per the core book;

Elysium: A place where Vampires may gather and discourse with our fear of harm. Elysium is commonly established in opera houses, theaters, museums and other locations of culture.

To me this means a place where Vampires can gather on regular bases and have peaceable interaction. This is not a place of special occasions or is it Elysium to protect the local.

If you have a Cam lore of 1 or better you would know about the nature of Elysium.
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:27 am

HST Darrin wrote:
I wanted to explain what an Elysium is and how it is normally used in our World of Darkness.

As per the core book;

Elysium: A place where Vampires may gather and discourse with our fear of harm. Elysium is commonly established in opera houses, theaters, museums and other locations of culture.

To me this means a place where Vampires can gather on regular bases and have peaceable interaction. This is not a place of special occasions or is it Elysium to protect the local.

If you have a Cam lore of 1 or better you would know about the nature of Elysium.

Not to be rude, but this is an OOC argument about IC decisions.

The prince has ruled that Elysiums are something special and he doesn't like meeting in them. That's his opinion. He's entitled to one. If you are stating that stock Camarilla Lore is in direct opposition to what the prince of the city has ruled, that's your right as ST to do so, but it isn't going to change anything IC.

IC the prince's ruling on Elysium will stand. Those who are more educated in the Camarilla that wish to debate this point with him are encouraged to do so IC, until he has been convienced IC, no IC action will change.
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm

You are correct. Just so long as the populace is kept informed and so they know that they can argue.
Back to top Go down
Emeric Belasco

Emeric Belasco

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:44 am

HST Darrin wrote:
As per the core book;

There are times when the core book rules simply don't work as intended. This game was originally designed to be a tabletop, where the level of control necessary to maintain the written flavor text of Elysium works.

In LARP, it doesn't.

The books mention how Elysiums are burnt to the ground when they are vioilated. That doesn't even make sense. Seriously, if I were Sabbat, my whole thing would be finding Elysiums, domainating Shovelheads to go disrupt them, and then sitting back watching the city burn. There are enough players who don't think as a creature who is terrified of dying should, and they themselves disrupt said Elysium.

Some of the books describe the near religious observance given Elysia. Like Church, it only remains special of you don't go there all the time. Nobody respected Emerald's Elysiums, mainly for that reason. Hell, we knew it as the place in Seattle where you go to die.

The WW writers were and are people just like you and me. They had some wonderful ideas, some ideas that need tweaking to work, and some crappy ones (like Requiem). That why we have House Rules, because we have discovered that alterations need to be made.
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Emeric Belasco wrote:
The books mention how Elysiums are burnt to the ground when they are vioilated.
For clarification, which book, or books, is that listed in?

There is another book to take into consideration, as well.
There is a whole book dedicated to The Elysium but it is from a previous vampire edition. It has a lot of content that was not expressly published for our edition but is still relevant. It is known as "Elysium", WW2233.
I have it, if anyone wants to see it.
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:04 pm

AST Dustin wrote:
Emeric Belasco wrote:

There is a whole book dedicated to The Elysium but it is from a previous vampire edition. It has a lot of content that was not expressly published for our edition but is still relevant. It is known as "Elysium", WW2233.

I'm pretty sure that is says you burn the grounds of violated Elysiums and salt the earth in the Camarilla book, and the Elysium book.

None of it really matters as cannon for Elysiums as written doesn't really work anyway.
Back to top Go down
Emeric Belasco

Emeric Belasco

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 3:28 pm

DocHolliday wrote:
Emeric Belasco wrote:
I honestly don't remember, most of my Vampire books went away in the divorce. It could possibly have been 1st edition.
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:13 pm

DocHolliday wrote:
AST Dustin wrote:
Emeric Belasco wrote:

I'm pretty sure that is says you burn the grounds of violated Elysiums and salt the earth in the Camarilla book, and the Elysium book.

None of it really matters as cannon for Elysiums as written doesn't really work anyway.

Emeric Belasco wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
Emeric Belasco wrote:
I honestly don't remember, most of my Vampire books went away in the divorce. It could possibly have been 1st edition.

We can't find specific information on that either.
If anyone can find that information listed in a book, we would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:31 pm

AST Dustin wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
AST Dustin wrote:
Emeric Belasco wrote:

Emeric Belasco wrote:
DocHolliday wrote:
Emeric Belasco wrote:

We can't find specific information on that either.
If anyone can find that information listed in a book, we would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks!

Why? Will it alter how you guys are intending on running Elysium?
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 5:55 pm

Yes.

We want to make sure we are running the NPC's as close to the books as we can. If there is information that will influence them, we need to make sure we have looked over it all.

If it is not in a book and it cannot be pointed out, it is speculation. We said at the very beginning of the game that DRC will always use what is written in the books; if modifications are needed to make the game run smoother, they are house rules and are written down.

Our previous research on Elysium mentions nothing of buildings being burnt to the ground. We look forward to having it listed in a book.

Let us know when you guys find it in a book.
Back to top Go down
Darrin
Head Storyteller
Head Storyteller

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:37 pm

OK, I want to clarify that we use the published material so that everyone can be on the same sheet of music. It allows any person to enter into our game and have a basic understanding of what’s reality for our little world of make believe.

Now as to if the book description is playable the answer is, yes very much so. The published material works just fine and so we think best to stick to it. It gives us a rich history to draw from and allows any person to enter the game and understand what’s going on.

There is no mention of Salting and burning in any book we can find so don’t worry about the Sabbat trying to make the Camis do stupid things. There is however a long list of what the Elysium is for. The church example is perfect. It’s a place where Vampires go on a somewhat regular basis and talk, plan or plot. Not only is this supported in the WW books it’s a damn good idea.

There are however special cases. The Prince of Seattle has decided that he has a special case as he is in a state of war and has every right to do so. The Prince is the law of the land and to cross him can end badly. If a character disagrees with him then they should use the most powerful weapon in the Vampire arsenal, politics.

If you have any additional complaints about the way that the ST staff is running Elysium please contact me directly and we will look into you issues.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elysium and what it meens   Elysium and what it meens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elysium and what it meens
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Reign Chronicles :: Vampire OOC Discussion :: Vampire OOC-
Jump to: