Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog inWebsite

Share | 

Monthly DRC OOC Meeting

Go down 

Would you be willing to attend a regularly scheduled DRC OOC meeting
Hell Yes! I like seeing people, getting club information, learn about upcomming events, getting my two cents in, and having fun.
38%
 38% [ 3 ]
Hell No! I only need to read Email, show up only to games, hate everyone, and I comfortabely live under a rock in my mothers basement with my pet fungal infection, Scabs. So there.
62%
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
McBastard

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2007-09-21

PostSubject: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Exclamation Hi there! The DRC Event Coordinator, we are looking to establishing a monthly (as in once a month) OOC club meeting for people to come together talk about game, OOC issues that they think need to be brought up, and a general dissimination of club based information.

It's also a social hour. tongue

What's that you say? Meeting with fellow players on an OOC basis? The Horror!affraid

Yes, much like the party at the End of the Universe was an OOC all call to the members of DRC, so will be these monthly club gatherings. A time for fun, information, talking with each other, making friends, opening lines of communication between members, and the time honored tradition of the pie in the face award. I nominate Clay. Twisted Evil

Exclamation Time and location-

Time- I'm thinking the 2nd sunday of the month early afternoon from like 1-4 ish. This timeslot is still under discussion, and we'd like to hear from you.

Location- East side, west side, U-District? We're open to anyplace that will allow a largish group to take up a private space for a few hours on a regular basis.

The floor is open for votes and discussion for a time and location.

~Sean

The catch 22- We cannot make this meeting to accomodate everyone, so please do try and be flexible. If you cna't make it this month, that's ok, there will be one next month too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nigel Panza

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:12 pm

In my hitting 'no', I learned something about myself. Apparently, I hate you all, even though I have only talked to a few, and I have a pet fungus. Thanks you Bastard. lol

Seriously, being one of the "new kids", I would love to get to know you guys better, but I just do not have time. Twice a month is a struggle.

If you want to do something like a quarterly dinner (which is like 1-2 hours instead of 3+) that I could do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DocHolliday
Prince

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:32 pm

...Nice to see that the options aren't written to bias one side there, guy.

Seriously though, another OOC meeting? With that committee talk, I don't think we need yet another meeting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McBastard

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:16 pm

DocHolliday wrote:
...Nice to see that the options aren't written to bias one side there, guy.

Seriously though, another OOC meeting? With that committee talk, I don't think we need yet another meeting.

I think you're missing the point.

This is not a committee/business meeting, more of a community meeting. Big domain announcements, fresh ideas from the general membership, open communication between the DRC staff and the membership. It's more of a social rather than a business meeting. Yes, thereis some business discussed, but for the most part theres an opportunity for fun and a good time.

...and for some people to come out from under a rock. geek

Personally, I think these are more necessary than some people think. It helps form a community outside of game where we get a chance to talk to each other as people. Furthermore, it helps break down the perception that while someone may be an asshole in character they must be an asshole person. Most importantly, it gives the general membership to talk to each other and staff on a social level where we can all get a better perspective of where the club is going.

I'm not saying that it's manditory for people to come, but I've always thought it's the responsibility of the staff to make themselves available to give people the chance to meet with people face to face and encourage them to have fun at as well as outside of game.

Does that make things more clear?

~Sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:24 pm

I agree with Rob.

The committee will be taking care of the game related OOC stuff so we do not need another meeting that does the same thing.

If you mean a friendly OOC gathering where we BS about life and laugh at crazy IC stuff, the that would be great.
Moral building is always a great idea.
We could even invite people for a "meet and greet" before they join the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
McBastard

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:32 pm

HST Dustin wrote:
IIf you mean a friendly OOC gathering where we BS about life and laugh at crazy IC stuff, the that would be great.
Moral building is always a great idea.
We could even invite people for a "meet and greet" before they join the game.

My point exactly.

~Sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Camera's and media pan to the rock under which the elusive Clay hibernates. He scampers out from under the rock looking too and fro. If he sees his x-box 360 it is six more weeks of playing Mass Effect, is he does not it is pie in the face time. He scampers too and fro moe and moe, a pie in the face a fate he will sew. Pie Bakers can all sleep peacefully that Fall Out 3 is not out yet and the creature is social.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ms. Millstone

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: grrr..   Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:29 pm

I would be very interested in going, but I -always- work Sundays from 10-7. If there is another time that would work for people.. perhaps Saturday afternoons on off weeks.. I would be happy to attend.

-Alaina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slash

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:34 pm

first off...i like my rock hahaha

i would like to do this, but i am working 40+ hours a week, and i have to drop out of game for a while, i will be back though during the summer when i can work during the day. SO, this OOC meeting thing is a great idea to me.

If it could be during tuesday, wednesday or thursday (my days off) i can go. Other than that i cant... and yes i know the world doesnt revolve me.

-Zac
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saint

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm

"i would like to do this, but i am working 40+ hours a week, and i have to drop out of game for a while, i will be back though during the summer when i can work during the day. SO, this OOC meeting thing is a great idea to me."

Dude that is so sad, I think everyone is gonna miss you, I know I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slash

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:05 pm

thanks for the concern. Like i said i will try and get it to were i can work during the day so i can get out during the night..... but it wont be for a while, i think like 2 or 3 months but i will be back count on it cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monthly DRC OOC Meeting   

Back to top Go down

Monthly DRC OOC Meeting
Page 1 of 1