Dark Reign Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebsite

How to spend XP post character creation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2007-08-21

How to spend XP post character creation Empty
PostSubject: How to spend XP post character creation   How to spend XP post character creation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:40 am

How to spend XP post character creation...

We currently have a process in place to make purchasing XP easy and painless.

You have multiple options!

1) The 3X5:
    a. Put on a 3X5 what your buying (including level) and who you are learning it from (be sure to put your email address or tele #!)
    b. Put 3X5 in box the "Influence/XP" box at the papertable at game
    c. Add it to your sheet for use the next game!

2) The Email:
    a. Email paper.keeper@gmail.com stating what you are buying, including level, nd who you are learning it from
    b. Add it to your sheet for use the next game!

If there is any issues with the experience expenditure, I will contact you and let you know. I will not leave you high and dry!
Back to top Go down
DocHolliday
Prince
DocHolliday

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: How to spend XP post character creation   How to spend XP post character creation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:42 am

Sooo..... if we can just email you and add it to our sheet, does that mean no 'learn times' as it were? I find a teacher for Potence 5, he teaches me, I spend the XP and having it the following week?
Back to top Go down
AST Dustin
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller
AST Dustin

Number of posts : 475

PostSubject: edited for clarification   How to spend XP post character creation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:06 am

Learning times...

As per section "4.7.6(Learning Time)" of the rules document it states the following:
Quote :
Dots purchased are available the following gaming session for use.
Only one dot may be purchased at a time post character creation.
Assuming you have Protean 4 already, Protean 5 will be available next gaming session.
Everything, regardless of level, is available next gaming session.

Also, technically the confirmation email is more of a, "it has been logged you may put it on your sheet" kinda thing.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Spider

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: How to spend XP post character creation   How to spend XP post character creation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 10:21 am

DocHolliday wrote:
Sooo..... if we can just email you and add it to our sheet, does that mean no 'learn times' as it were? I find a teacher for Potence 5, he teaches me, I spend the XP and having it the following week?

Yes, assuming you have the XP banked.

Learning time doubles the amount of time spent at the Paperwork table and makes keeping track of character sheets difficult. We’re assuming that the learning time takes place while you are earning the XP.

Having the XP for out of clan Protean x5 is 28 XP. That would on average be 9 games at the standard 3 XP a game [assuming no ST game noms] or 4.5 months. That works as a fairly decent learning time.

Learning time works well if you have a weekly game, but not so much for a twice a month game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simianpublishing.com
Former AST Jacob
Assistant Storyteller
Assistant Storyteller

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: How to spend XP post character creation   How to spend XP post character creation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 5:24 pm

It should also be noted that in character, things usually take time to learn, we're just trusting players to keep track of that aspect of the story for themselves. If the player feels the character can learn Enochian, Mandarin and Swahili in 2 weeks after they find a teach, well, good for them, we're not going to spend time debating it or keeping track of it.

Consider though, that a nice thing which is abused may be taken away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to spend XP post character creation   How to spend XP post character creation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to spend XP post character creation
Page 1 of 1