Dark Reign Chronicles

This is the forum for the Dark Reign Chronicles LARP. Visit our webpage at http://darkreignchronicles.wikidot.com/

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog inWebsite

Share | 

Influence: A waste of XP

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Influence: A waste of XP   Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:50 pm

"BLOCK
Block actions prevent everyone from taking specific actions. It reduces all actions of the type specified by the amount of actions invested in Block. For example, Clarice invests 3 actions into Block. She needs to specify a specific action or a specific effect like Watch. She specifies Getting Blood Traits. During the month that this action was spent, all characters spending influence to get blood has three actions subtracted from their action total. If this results in a number that is less than what is needed to achieve the effect, then the effect fails. If more than one player is investing in the same Block, the effects are cumulative. Block is very powerful but very specific. "

Ok this is rediculous, influences are run at the end of the month only hence not allowing a trace to determine what you need to spend. If someone spends their 25 actions of finance for example at 5 pts aquire money that means all fail, they don't comunulative boost hence no money is gained if someone puts up one 5pt block for 5 actions. This means all influences are random if they go through or not.

Ironically I would like to know if those players who found actions blocked what specifics were blocked, I ask the specifics because someone would have to call "blood traits, money, weapons etc." not an over all influence. I believe all influences in each sphere were blocked, and this system is broken. For example if one person puts up a 4 pt block, and 80 people do 3 pts actions acquire they all fail.

If 4 pts block can block 240 actions of acquire, the system is broken and makes influence characters of no use.

Until this is fixed it makes expenditure of XP on influence all of a suck hole of crap.
Back to top Go down
Spider

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Influence: A waste of XP   Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:19 pm

Clay,

<<"BLOCK
Block actions prevent everyone from taking specific actions. It reduces all actions of the type specified by the amount of actions invested in Block. For example, Clarice invests 3 actions into Block. She needs to specify a specific action or a specific effect like Watch. She specifies Getting Blood Traits. During the month that this action was spent, all characters spending influence to get blood has three actions subtracted from their action total. If this results in a number that is less than what is needed to achieve the effect, then the effect fails. If more than one player is investing in the same Block, the effects are cumulative. Block is very powerful but very specific. ">>

It looks like my update from a couple of weeks ago failed. I apologize about that. I just made sure that it has been put up. Ive been running around like crazy trying to get the last bits of our game going and I obviously missed something.

I have pasted the revised rule below.

http://simianpublishing.com/Influences_Rules_Beta.doc

BLOCK
Block actions prevent everyone from taking specific actions. It reduces all actions of the type specified by the amount of actions invested in Block. For example, Clarice invests 3 actions into Block. She needs to specify a specific action or a specific effect like Watch. She specifies Getting Blood Traits. During the month that this action was spent, all characters spending influence to get blood has three actions subtracted from their action total. If this results in a number that is less than what is needed to achieve the effect, then the effect fails. If more than one player is investing in the same Block, the effects are cumulative.

It is possible for a player to start a general block for a month. All points put into a general block are considered effective. In addition, all influences affected by the general block receive a phantom level of watch allowing them to know that this action has taken place. This makes it easier for a trace the following month. >>

<<Ok this is rediculous, influences are run at the end of the month only hence not allowing a trace to determine what you need to spend. If someone spends their 25 actions of finance for example at 5 pts aquire money that means all fail, they don't comunulative boost hence no money is gained if someone puts up one 5pt block for 5 actions. This means all influences are random if they go through or not. >>

As I mentioned to you, we can only process influences once a month as we have a real life. Were doing the best we can to provide a decent game.

This month someone put at least 4 points into general block, which resulted in at least a 1 point block on all actions in a couple of categories. Next month, if you add 2 points of boost you will be protected from 8 points of a general block. Or you can find out who did it and shank them. This is all IC actions.

<<Ironically I would like to know if those players who found actions blocked what specifics were blocked, I ask the specifics because someone would have to call "blood traits, money, weapons etc." not an over all influence. I believe all influences in each sphere were blocked, and this system is broken. For example if one person puts up a 4 pt block, and 80 people do 3 pts actions acquire they all fail.>>

If one person puts up a 4 point general block, then 1 action point will be taken off all actions in that sphere for that month. This is countered via boost. We have increased the number of actions each level gets to add in all of these extra features and actions.

<<Until this is fixed it makes expenditure of XP on influence all of a suck hole of crap.>>

Im sorry you feel that way. Constructive feedback is always welcomed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.simianpublishing.com

PostSubject: Re: Influence: A waste of XP   Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:35 pm

So others have been playing by different rules than everyone else. The rules posted on the web site are not the rules the others played by. Well no wonder. How will this be rectified for those that followed the sites rules on influence?
Back to top Go down
Spider

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2007-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Influence: A waste of XP   Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Cortez wrote:
So others have been playing by different rules than everyone else. The rules posted on the web site are not the rules the others played by. Well no wonder. How will this be rectified for those that followed the sites rules on influence?

I made a promise that all of the rules would be on the website and if not by accident, I'd do some sort of do-over for that small section.

If you have turned influence actions based on the website, you can resubmit them to me until tomorrow and then I will process them since that was my fault.

However, if you have not turned in influences, you are out of luck until next month. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.simianpublishing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Influence: A waste of XP   

Back to top Go down

Influence: A waste of XP
Page 1 of 1